Sunday, September 16, 2007

Losing Weight

You Can Be In a Weight Loss Study in Your Area
Have you ever wondered where Universities and Drug Companies find people to participate in their weight loss clinical trials? I've never known anyone who was involved in any type of study. I think it would be interesting to try one. I'm wondering if being a part of a weight loss clinical study would be more likely to keep a person motivated to reach their goal and maintain their weight loss. I wonder what the success rate is for completion of various weight loss trials. The more I think, the more questions I raise.I was researching clinical studies and came across the University of Kentucky's website. They have done/do all types of research. They recently completed a 44 week weight loss study where the average weight lost was 134 pounds. WOW!!!!!The University of Kentucky is located in Lexington. They have various studies available in which you can participate if you meet the criteria. You can also put your name on a list for upcoming studies. There is another site in which offers various clinical trials. They cover a multitude of conditions as well as weight loss. All you have to do is type in what type of research you are interested as well as which area and it will research clinical studies available in that field for that area. The site is called Clinical Trails.gov.I found another site, National Cancer Institute. At this site you can find a clinical trial in which to participate. You can also read the results of studies done on various types of cancer. Last but not least is another site in which you can apply to be a participant in various clinical studies. This site is called Center Watch. This site covers a multitude of studies as well as their geographic region. I'm debating on whether to become a participant in one of these studies. Sitting here thinking, perhaps if I find a study that involves weight loss as well as high blood pressure, I might just see if I meet the requirements of a study planned for an area I'm near.

No comments: